Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mind Your Own Cart, Lady...

Each and EVERY time I go to the grocery store be it Wal-Mart, CVS, Target, even my local gas station I find myself doing something that I am convinced probably is NOT quite the "norm".  Unless of course you are a "couponer". 
I think.

It's inevitable that while you are waiting in line you look around.  You look at the shelves closet to you for the next great chocolatey snack you could devour, perhaps you browse through the latest trash mag, you wonder WHY there's only ONE checkout line open with 20 available, but mostly, you probably just "people watch", right?  Well, I find myself looking in other peoples carts.  Yep.  I can't help but scan them and wonder "do I have a coupon for that?" "Hmmm...I wonder, if they have any clue how much money they COULD be saving".  I wonder if they care.

I have on occasion struck up a conversation by saying "Excuse me, are you aware that store X has this on sale right now and you CAN price match?" (in my most excited "I'm a couponer" tone of voice).  It's funny the looks I get.  They are usually quite thankful though which leads to me referring them to one or two of my favorite sites (haven't had the opportunity yet to mention my own).

Overall, the exchange is short and sweet, friendly even.  Although there have been one or two times where I was blatantly ignored or got the "Mind your own cart, Lady" look. 

My husband gets a kick out of it when he watches me during these exchanges...he says "you just can't help yourself, can you?"

Nope.  I guess I can't.

And I'm okay with that.




No comments:

Post a Comment